Why Buy Teak from Us?
THE REFOREST TEAK QUALITY DIFFERENCE….
At Reforest Teak, we use only responsibly
grown and harvested teak. We hand pick the finest pieces of First
European Quality (FEQ), the highest grade there is, for our teak garden
furniture, and integrate heartwood and sapwood to maximize the harvest
for our planter and stool lines.
- Our stainless steel fittings, unlike those included with some teak
products on the market today, are 316 marine grade, assuring optimal
resistance to rust and oxidation for even the toughest marine applications
and coastal weather.
- At our manufacturing base in Central America, local craftspeople
take pride in a time honored tradition of fine woodworking, including
solid teak dowel mortise and tenon joinery for life long stability,
and meticulous hand sanding for a flawless heirloom finish.
- Our furniture selections, whether classic or contemporary in design,
are contoured and shaped for comfort that will exceed your expectation
of what’s possible in hardwood furniture.
- We’re proud to stand behind each piece of Reforest Teak with
a solid lifetime
guarantee of satisfaction.
THE REFOREST TEAK VALUES ADVANTAGE…
When we launched Reforest Teak, we recognized that creating the highest
quality products from our reforested woodlands would represent a unique
opportunity to integrate social and environmental aspirations into our
brand. Today, more than ever, we distinguish Reforest Teak with value
that comes as much from the fine timber in our products as from the partnership
we share with the community and craftspeople who make our fine furniture
- We use only teakwood harvested from our sustainably
managed hardwood plantations in Costa Rica where authorities are
looking to address the widely documented issues of illegal
logging that plague the timber industry with disrepute in a number
of regions worldwide.
- Our timber operations support the local community with long range
benefits of our business, such as fair and above-market wages, social
security and insurance plans, an industry-leading pension plan designed
to empower women, and incentives for sustaining forest resources and
supporting sound management practices.
- We hold ourselves accountable, and take full responsibility, for every
phase of the life cycle of Reforest Teak products. From first seedlings
to final sales, our teak products are traceable back to our own well-managed
forests, through our ecologically and socially sound factory practices,
right up to final delivery.
- International certification of our plantations for sustainable forest management practices through our reforestation and manufacturing partner Diamond Teak confirms our commitment to leading
edge economic, environmental and social criteria for responsible forest
- With an open-door policy throughout our business, we invite you to
our teak plantations, manufacturing base and community in Costa
Rica to learn first hand about how Reforest Teak is making a sustainable
difference through commitment to quality, community and the environment.